These are the essential building blocks you MUST possess to be a successful wrestler:
3. level change
6. Penetration: Hi-C/Double
7. Penetration: Single
Here's how you know you excel at the above 7 skills:
- Opponent can't break your position
- Opponent can't get to your legs from open (no/very little contact)
- You effectively block athletes who are faster, stronger, and more athletic, from getting to your legs
- Opponents react when you change levels – and your hip and head position on your shots are exceptional
- As soon as you get to their leg, you always have the angle.
- The opponent never gets an angle on you
If you struggle in any of these areas, you only have two choices:
1. Accept fewer wins throughout your wrestling career.