Last night my son boasted about getting a "360 no scope" head shot. I got really worried until I realized he was talking about the immensely popular Fortnite.
Winning at Fortnite takes a lot of practice, as well as possessing skills such as:
- hopping and ducking while opponent is trying to shoot you
- precise aim
- building skills
- getting the golden chest that has the sniper rifle
- storm awareness
All skills that I sorely lack.
Winning at wrestling on your feet takes skills such as:
- changing levels and defending while the opponent is trying to shoot on you
- precise angles
- a sure-fire short offense series that scores immediately
- a whistle-to-fall plan of attack that keeps your opponent on the defense and you on the offense
- an attacking mindset where every position leads to a score for you
- attacking multiple ways from one set position (much like an NFL offense employs multiple plays from the same formation)
- a system of setups that forces your opponent to do move where you want him to, and when
- sure-fire finishes – know exactly where to go – and go there instinctively
- the ability to quickly fix any defect in your game – and keep it fixed
In a little over a fortnite, a lucky group of dedicated athletes will be discovering the keys to sniping their opponents on the feet with can’t miss shots.
PS. Make Ninja proud, go here